This appears to be working fine now.
I have installed srss_4.0 on our RHEL5 server. I had to install a few extra packages to get things to install:
I had to make some symlinks:
- /usr/lib/liblber.so.199 -> /usr/lib/liblber.so
- /usr/lib/libldap.so.199 -> /usr/lib/libldap.so
- /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3 -> /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2
- /usr/X11R6/bin/X /usr/bin/X
- /usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontdir /usr/bin/mkfontdir
- /usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontscale /usr/bin/mkfontscale
- /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts /usr/share/X11/fonts
- /usr/X11R6/rgb.txt /usr/share/X11/rgb.txt
The lib links could go in
, but at this stage, I'm not interested in cleanliness.
I replaced /usr/X11R6/Xnewt with a script and moved Xnewt to /usr/X11R6/bin/Xnewt.sun
Using the script I can debug what Xnewt is trying to do and try and satisfy the dependencies. It still doesn't work though, any help appreciated...
XFIX=`echo $@ |sed -e's/vt[0-9]*//'`
XFIX=`echo $XFIX |sed -e's/-indirect localhost//'`
echo `date`: ARGS=$@ XFIX=$XFIX >>/var/log/Xnewt
exec /usr/X11R6/bin/Xnewt.sun $XFIX -fp unix/:7100
After some more stracing, I saw that another link needed to be made for gdmgreeter to run.
- /usr/lib/libgsf-1.so.1 -> libgsf-1.so.114.0.1
There is a problem with our ldap configuration, if I use starttls in /etc/ldap.conf, then no one can login, but on other machines this works fine, I'm not sure if this is related to the symlinks I made or if I managed to screw something else up. Without starttls, the system works fine and people can login. I don't really like this though, I prefer encryption on my ldap connections.
To get utadm to report dhcp properly, symlink /var/lib/dhcpd to /var/lib/dhcp
I'm testing audio and disk now.