The leap second has had been a problem for Java apps (389-console for me) and apparently some ruby apps (seems like puppet ((can't prove it)) ). I found the common fix is to just set the date based on the current date as shown here.

Doing this on all the machines, a single line with func.

func \* call command run 'date; date $(date +%m%d%H%M%C%y.%S); date'

The only thing to remember here is that $(something) is better than `something`, since the shell will do that locally first if I used backticks. And of course single quotes are better than doubles...

After running that, all the machines are happy again.

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

About the Author...