I wanted to configure rate limiting on our exim server and needed to setup an ACL that I could include in multiple spots in the configuration. The keyword acl = acl_name is supported (referred to as nested ACL's) but the logic took a little bit of thought...
I ran into a snag when trying to update the bios on my PE R210ii, the Bios update is 8MB, too large to fit on a floppy image, so I needed to make a floppy image large enough for the file. I tried increasing the size of the Dell floppy image and that didn't work, so I had to start from scratch with a boot floppy made from windows. Funny enough the first link that came back in my google search was that of my coworker.
I've run into this enough times that I thought I'd write a little script to do the work for me.
It's just a simple one line call to python, but I wrapped it with some argument parsing.
It's a python script that takes a password and returns the salted sha512 hash by default. sha256 and md5 can be specified with switches.
The script is hosted at github here.
We maintain multiple repositories, many of which have the same rpms repeated in different locations. In order to save space we use hardlinking extensively. The hardlink command does an ok job of finding things to link, but we are only really interested in rpms and don't want repomod.xml or comps getting linked so I wrote a little python script to hard link all the rpms based on a checksum. The script is over at my github. hardlink_rpms
When using an mdbox or maildir mailbox, you need to use the dovecot-lda to deliver the message and not allow procmail to do this directly. I had a few issues getting this to work properly, here are the details of getting it going.
The first issue is that my procmail transport in exim needed to set user to the local_part and do initgroups to get the uid and gid of the localuser, then run procmail as that user/group. Here is that transport:
I have a view of profile data that I want to sort by lastname. The name field currently has "firstname [middlename] lastname" in it. I looked around and found this example of using views php filter to sort based on a query.
I then made a query which ordered nid's by lastname and plugged that into my view as a filter.
SELECT nid,title,SUBSTRING_INDEX(title,' ',-1) AS lastname FROM node WHERE type='profile' ORDER BY lastname;
I created this site to try and give back to 'the google' a few solutions to problems. Sharing knowledge is the greatest asset of open source and the sysadmin web community. I appreciate your help in keeping the site going.
Our aliases are spammed like any other account, but filtering on them would require making a real account. I wanted to be able to filter aliases without creating accounts for everything. My first solution was to create an account and filter on that one, then using $original_local_part I could forward to a filtered alias. This works but if someone discovers the filtered alias, they can bypass the filtering.
The leap second has had been a problem for Java apps (389-console for me) and apparently some ruby apps (seems like puppet ((can't prove it)) ). I found the common fix is to just set the date based on the current date as shown here.
Doing this on all the machines, a single line with func.
func \* call command run 'date; date $(date +%m%d%H%M%C%y.%S); date'
We are using gnarwl for vacation notification and I would like gnarwl to only reply if the current time is in the vacationStart vacationEnd window.
Here is the queryfilter to do that using the following information: