This is a one liner...but some people here didn't know what to do with the zip file that MPC comes packaged as. [root@server] unzip StandaloneMulti-PlatformClient*zip Archive: Standalon... extract mpc-install.MPC_*jar [root@server] java -jar mpc-installer*jar The multi-platform client is a nice java gui to access the DominionKX line of IP KVM switches. I find it works better than accessing the switch through firefox.

In this example I was trying to serve files up from samba and lighttpd at the same time. I made the type for the files samba_share_t. After that, lighttpd couldn't access the files. I needed to make an selinux module to fix the problem. Here are the steps to create the module quickly.


I use puppet to keep my machines in sync with each other. Our default configuration has haldaemon and messagebus (dbus) off. I ran into a problem when I tried to create a new vm and there was no option to use the shared phyical device (the bridge)

A talk I gave on using puppet. I cover installation and initial configuration. It is a talk not a tutorial though, when I get a chance I'll post a short tutorial...

using puppet


A talk I gave on using kvm. I have a video on doing a live migration at the end of it (you tube). I use virsh to perform the migration and watch the movement with virt-manager.

using kvm


On our kvm hypervisor we have several vm's using fibre channel for storage. The hypervisor has to see all the devices, but each device has it's own lvm so when the hypervisor boots, it tries to read all of them.

I was trying to get Songbird to recognise my ipod and it wouldn't because the ipod was automounted under /media. I put the UUID of the iPod_Control partition in my fstab. I used blkid to get the UUID of that partition.

After installing SRSS we tried to setup a gnome kiosk session. There were no prototypes for this installed. After scouring the net we only found an example of something that didn't work :-(.

We use a retired netapp as a backup with snapmirror. We don't have support on the device anymore and one of the disks failed. I took the drive out and discovered it was a SEAGATE ST3146807FC. I found this site that said it was possible to flash the firmware on a generic drive for use in a network appliance.

The latest vlc seems to compile fine with only a few modest dependencies. Using qt4 instead of wxGTK helps out a lot. I started a fresh rpm this time and didn't build upon the 0.8.6 spec. You'll need a fairly recent ffmpeg compiled with --enable-swscale.

SPEC
src.rpm
i386 x86_64